Narrowband

Interesting product over on the Optical Vision Facebook page

IanL

If you're a Facebook user, OVL posted this yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=646694768727709&set=a.575375552526298.1073741828.571229059607614&type=1&theater

It is a (German) flyer for a new SkyWatcher product called the "Star Adventurer".  My German (or any other language for that matter) doesn't go much beyond "Two Beers Please", but it looks to be a budget Vixen Polarie type camera tracking mount.  Coming 'early summer'.  No details on pricing, etc. yet but the OVL comment is interesting, and suggests it will be somewhat cheaper than the existing camera tracking-type mounts.

Could make a really nice way in to imaging for people with wide-field and longer focal length DSLR lenses or those needing something aircraft portable kit for capturing those clear dark skies away from the UK.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know when it launches in the UK?

I cannot speak for other UK dealers but here at FLO we have decided to wait a while. When we have had an opportunity to assess one and consider it ready for launch it will be listed at our website :smiley:

(Skywatcher's UK importer/distributor also handles Germany so it isn't a case that Germany has it before us. At least that is what they tell us). 

HTH, 

Steve 

I cannot speak for other UK dealers but here at FLO we have decided to wait a while. When we have had an opportunity to assess one and consider it ready for launch it will be listed at our website :smiley:

(Skywatcher's UK importer/distributor also handles Germany so it isn't a case that Germany has it before us. At least that is what they tell us). 

HTH, 

Steve 

Fascinating stuff.

Teleskop Austria is confirming their deadline is on track for end of June Delivery !

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.teleskop-austria.at/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dteleskop%2Baustria%26safe%3Dactive%26es_sm%3D122

• 3 weeks later...

Fascinating stuff.

Teleskop Austria is confirming their deadline is on track for end of June Delivery !

That will be about right for Germany and the UK too. Logistics might determine one country receives their delivery 2-3 days before another, but no more than that. 

We will make one of the first Skywatcher Star Adventurers to arrive available for a SGL review so watch this space :smiley:

skywatcher_star_adventurer_complete.jpg

It will be interesting to see how it compares With the Astrotrac both is size/weight and performance ... I originally went for an EQ3 Pro instead of the Astrotrac because it came with everything to get you going - mI eventually did get an Astrotrac when the possibility of a bit of travelling was on the horizon but it didn't happen.. I Swapped my EQ3 Pro for nice shinny bit's to go with an EQ6 but find it too much effort to lug around and setup ...

The result is I'm getting nothing done :(

This looks interesting...

Looks cheap in Silver  :(

Peter...

That will be about right for Germany and the UK too. Logistics might determine one country receives their delivery 2-3 days before another, but no more than that. 

We will make one of the first Skywatcher Star Adventurers to arrive available for a SGL review so watch this space :smiley:

skywatcher_star_adventurer_complete.jpg

Thank you. How people change their mind's quick  :confused:

Thank you. How people change their mind's quick  :confused:

Not at all :smiley:

We were first advised of the new Star Adventurer back in February (see our March post in this thread) but didn't have an opportunity to assess one until less than three weeks ago. 

Steve

Archived