Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OMG

lhuchison

my ne 3X Ostara Barlow came yesterday.

Only tested it with the 25mm on Jupiter before the clouds realised it had been delivered and scuttled my observing.

Good quality image and much bigger but the exit pupil is way smaller than without it. I believe that's the term?

Is this to be expected with a Barlow?

I can't believe it ! 

My new eyepieces are due for delivery today and the BBC weather site for East Sussex says: clear skys from 7pm to 10pm.

hmmm won't get too excited....

There's your first mistake....using the Beeb for weather forecasting. :sad:

my ne 3X Ostara Barlow came yesterday.

Only tested it with the 25mm on Jupiter before the clouds realised it had been delivered and scuttled my observing.

Good quality image and much bigger but the exit pupil is way smaller than without it. I believe that's the term?

Is this to be expected with a Barlow?

Yes increased magnification does decrease the size of the exit pupil and yes do expect the clouds to roll in when testing new equipment.

To the op this means you too :smiley:

I'm moving the scope outside, still clear. Eyepieces have arrived, all set.

Now have 34mm 28mm 24mm 20mm and 16mm maxvision's. (Un-branded Mead swa 5000's)

With my tal x2 Barlow I think I've got it covered. Hope it stays clear for a couple of hours as I need to try all of them all!

I can't believe it ! 

My new eyepieces are due for delivery today and the BBC weather site for East Sussex says: clear skys from 7pm to 10pm.

hmmm won't get too excited....

Did you get to try them out ? :smiley:

Yes shaun, very impressed. The forecast was spot on, cleared at 7pm then clouded by 10.15pm. they all performed excellently.

they're now my main set and ill put the x-cels and panaview up for sell.

downside is the weight, there enormous! but great quality. Couldn't really afford them at the moment but at this price, couldn't resist and no probs importing from Germany.

Archived