Going to Lapland!!!

frugal

I turn 40 this weekend and I was not planning anything. So it was a bit of a shock to get home to find that my wife has arranged for us to go to lapland for a week. "Somewhere it is very dark and there is no chance of rain" as she put it.<br />

<br />

She arranged everything with my office so my boss agreed to the time off without me knowing. My parents and the in-laws are taking shifts looking after the kids.<br />

<br />

So me, my wife and the AstroTrac are currently driving to gatwick for a dawn flight out.<br />

<br />

I may be about to turn 40 but I still feel the need to go Squeee!!!<br />

<br />

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk<br />

<br />

Lucky fellow. Happy birthday in advance. i hope you both have a wonderful time. I suspect that your wife may become an "astronomy widow" while you are there :grin: Not sure, but hopefully there will be some significant solar activity and will get some aurora while there.

Ian

Brilliant. Best of luck in seeing the lights. I turn 40 in March and promised myself a similar trip. Cant see it happening now as im in the process of moving. I cant commit.

Maybe next year..........................as a belated 40th gift to myself.

Happy Birthday.

On the upside it gets dark at 2pm. On the downside the weather forecast is -20c.<br />

Hopefully it will be so dry that the camera lens does not fog up.<br />

<br />

<br />

The camera lens does not fog up as it is so dry, however it has been -29C so the DSLR suffers from cold in the motors. Last night was a 3 hour night hike to try and see the aurora, but it was too cloudy. Today was fine but it clouded over after dark and the only thing that can be seen in the sky is Jupiter.<br />

<br />

On the upside I drove a dog sled for 4 hours today ;)<br />

<br />

<br />

We went to an Ice Chapel wedding in Finnish Lapland a few years ago. One of the main reasons I agreed to go was to see the lights. Unfortunately there was a full moon which drowned out any chance of seeing them.<br />

(By the way, what's Tapatalk doing to our posts?). <br />

<br />

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk<br />

<br />

Archived