SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Meteorite over Argentina

biogenesis

Hey all,

I have a friend living in Buenos Aires, and she had told me that on Sunday or Monday or one of the days a meteorite tore through the skies over Argentina.

Apparently, there was an object lurking/hovering in front of the meteorite. Pretty much hanging around it. As you can imagine there's been a lot of people saying it's a UFO. She showed me some photographs taken of the meteorite and there does appear to be a clear grey mark in the sky chasing it... But a UFO is kind of a far-fetched approach to it.

I guess my question is, what might follow a meteor? 

Did anybody see or hear about this event?

Thanks

Have you got those pictures? If you could share them we could have a better chance of identifying the object. Without seeing anything, just logically thinking, if there was something 'following' a meteor, same speed, trajectory etc it's most likely to be a fragmented piece of the meteor itself. :smiley:

Ryan

...., just logically thinking, if there was something 'following' a meteor, same speed, trajectory etc it's most likely to be a fragmented piece of the meteor itself.  :smiley:

Thats my feeling too. I've seen meteors fragment in just this way. The often explode at certain points during the passage through the atmosphere, sometimes more than once.

Meteorites also cause turbulence in the atmosphere in their wake as well. 

There are many natural explanations of a phenomena such as this.

Yes, thanks for the responses.

As soon as I can get some photographs on here I will. The more I look at them, it's kinda like a grey spot in front of the meteor which I guess is why there's questions around it.

I had thought about a piece of the meteor actually coming off...

Archived