SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sirius and Vega with a revised IR (and now im done)

So after an afternoon of tweaking my IR file im now satisfied

So these were taken with an SA100 with a QHY on a Skywatcher 250 and prosesed with Registax and Rspec

Vega – Calibrated and Instrument Response Applied

post-4419-0-43018600-1390233965_thumb.jp

Vega – Calibrated and Instrument Response Applied and Normalised for enhanced spectra

post-4419-0-34682700-1390233964_thumb.jp

Sirius - Calibrated and Instrument Response Applied

post-4419-0-78945200-1390233980_thumb.jp

Sirius - Calibrated and Instrument Response Applied and Normalised for enhanced spectra

post-4419-0-52694500-1390233981_thumb.jp

Thanks for looking

Regards

John b

So after an afternoon of tweaking my IR file im now satisfied

So these were taken with an SA100 with a QHY on a Skywatcher 250 and prosesed with Registax and Rspec

Vega – Calibrated and Instrument Response Applied

attachicon.gifVega with IR Applied.jpg

Vega – Calibrated and Instrument Response Applied and Normalised for enhanced spectra

attachicon.gifVega Normalised.jpg

Sirius - Calibrated and Instrument Response Applied

attachicon.gifSirius calibrated and IR applied.jpg

Sirius - Calibrated and Instrument Response Applied and Normalised for enhanced spectra

attachicon.gifSirius Normalised.jpg

Thanks for looking

Regards

John b

And I was thinking Sirius and Vega were stars, how dumb am I. Sorry, new to this game no idea what you've done or what you are talking about but it looks impressive.

I think you may have already worked out these are not correct.

Err I had not are you saying that both the Calibrated and IR Corrected and the normalised version are wrong ? are wrong or just the Normalised version ?

Im not sure what going wrong these targets are supposed to be straight forward yet Im spending weeks and still struggle to get a proper spectrum ?

Curious - the normalisation looks more like its gone through a high pass filter. How did you create them?

I simply followed the RSpec tutorial - again I'm assuming that the result is incorrect ?

John B

John,

On your other thread I think Robin already commented that the IR response was leaving artifacts around the absorption lines - you see that as a double emission with a central dip....that's not the way they should look.

I honestly don't know why you seem to be having problems...An easy way to check your IR is to divide the target spectrum by the calculated IR and see if the end result matches the Pickles/ Miles reference you used.

Thank, as it's a hobby and I don't want to lose heart I will not use IR for awhile, as Robin pointed out I don't have to use it, so I will reprocess these two and calibrate and normalise and see how I get on and then start capturing more spectrums.

As an aside as I divide my calibrated spectrum by a smoothed IR that I create could I use a smoothed IR that's created by someone else ? For the first part.

John B

Archived