Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lodestar Live Beta demo video

DoctorD

Hi Guys

Managed to get some time under the stars last night with  the Lodestar-C and my C8 with the F3.3 reducer.

I've put a video of the first part of my viewing session up on You Tube:

Not the most dynamic video and no audio, but it is a real time capture of my desk top showing how the Lodestar and Lodestar Live perform, especially the real time adjustment of the image.

Starts on Polaris then slews to M1, M42, M74 ending on M81.

Looking forward to the next release with de-bayer for colour images.

Clear skies

Paul

Thanks for posting the video Paul - a nice haul of Messier captures in the video.

I got a chance for a quick play myself last night. I was testing the Focus Alignment and Framing mode. I found the focus assist allowed me to focus very fast and get the ideal framing for a target. Sadly, there was a high haze in the sky so no noteworthy DSO capture, I was just testing it on some double stars. It feels like it is all coming together nicely now.

Colour decoding work is in progress, I hope it won't be too long as I am really looking forward to seeing your results in colour!

Archived