Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First time out and...

... the sky managed to stay clear for just over an hour or so - 7pm to around 8:15pm.

In that time I got a good look in the South to South East region to pick out Orion and the Orion Nebula M42 then spent a bit of time on Jupiter and resolved three moons Callisto, Io and Ganymede as Europa is a bit too close to Jupiter (for me) to separate  in the 15x70's. Whilst out that way I also checked in on Castor and Pollux then finished off back at M42.

Very pleased with my first nights cruising around and now off to 'log it' but will give some thought as to whether that's paper based or PC or blog as I'm not sure which way to go with that just yet.

Good report :)

When out with our observing group, we usually always end the night with a binocular tour, usually trying to pick out the targets we've looked at in the scopes earlier but also the bigger targets, open clusters etc that cant be fully appreciated unless its through the wider field of the bins view. A good end to an evening.

Archived