SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clear Night Tonight - Whos Out

daverave83

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oxford (nr.) is clear and I've been imaging NGC 1499 for the past hour and a half. I got the chance to try out my new hatch design on the observatory too which turned out well...just hope the captures do too :-)

David

I eventually went out and got a couple of hours in. It has hazed over quite severely now so time to pack up and warm up :laugh:  Still it is great to get out, that's 6 times so far in 2014.

got just over a hundred pictures before my hands got so cold i couldnt close them...i had a deer come within a few feet of me when i was sat down which was quite nice, a little female roe deer from what i could see.

gonna install registax on this pc and see what i can come up with :D

Just lost Jupiter to cloud - though has been patchy for a while.   Will hang in and see if it passes later.   Seeing was fair with more stable periods but not good.

That's pretty much how it is here.  Earlier this evening the seeing was rock steady, but now it's drifting all over the place.  Sometimes it comes good and then it's off again.

I'm hanging in there too though :)

James

Quite cloudy here now! At least I got some much needed practice setting up the DSO imaging gear again :smiley: Not quite as scary as I thought getting it up and running again.

Building up a darks library now :grin:

Hope it will clear for the moon to round off the weekend :smiley:

Dew and Hazy cloud rolled here. But the moon was about to spoil my DSO fun anyway. I'm begging to really struggle with the secondary fogging up at the drop of a hat.

Got a good 90mins in with a new eyepiece and a new UHC filter. Very happy with both, MV 28mm 68° and ES UHC 1/4". Although not entirely sure about everything looking green through the filter - but it certainly drives out more contract in the nebuli.

That's is for another 2 weeks now that the cloud is back.

Paul

Good luck James - it is nice to be out after so much rain.   Are you shooting with the C925 of the 127 Skymak tonight?

I'm having my first ever proper planetary imaging session with the C9.25 :D

My DIY SCT cooler has worked a treat even though it isn't actually finished yet and whilst I am having to tweak the dew heater settings a bit to keep the corrector clear everything does appear to be working ok.  Of course the proof will be in the results...

What I absolutely definitely need now though is a secondary focuser, partly to get rid of the image shift and partly so I can motorise it.  It's less than a month to my birthday, so I think I know what I want now :)

James

Nice halo round the moon at the mo here in Yorkshire so it's gonna be a cold one. Already a layer of frost on my car. Work tomorrow so off to bed now. Good luck to all the intrepid ones heading out for their observing/imaging/sketching etc.

Starting to feel the cold now.  I think it's been close to freezing or below for a fair while.  If I'd thought to take the Mak out earlier I'd have a go at a lunar full disc, but sadly that didn't occur to me at the time.

James

Archived