SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Night!

Hi all,

I got my first telescope last week but haven't been able to use it as the sky has been full of cloud every night.

I have an app called Scope Nights which is a night time weather forecast app. I've been checking it several times a day only to be disappointed at the forecast, however, today it says that it's going to be good weather this evening for gazing.

I'm armed with a few apps to help me find what I'm looking for and will be keeping my fingers crossed that tonight will be my first viewing night with my shiny new telescope. Will report back to let you all know how it went!

Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to you, with your new scope and with the weather! Glad you've got a good chance of clear skies tonight, you should take every opportunity you can to get out with your scope, so much to see!

I've had my scope for nearly 10 years but numerous issues in my life have conspired against me and resulted in me using it far far less than I exoected I would over the years .... But this year I'm very determined to make up for lost opportunities and time and get out far more with my scope ... However, the weather up here in Stonehaven (near Aberdeen), is awful!!! It's been cloudy and raining for days already, and is pouring as I type ... It's not a good forecast for tonight not for the next 5 days ... More rain and cloud .... Anyone would naturally assume I've just bought my scope!!!

Wish me luck too!!!! :D

All the best!

Donaldo

Good luck getting out! Forecast is light cloud with some clear patches for me..so might risk it for a little bit. Checked stellarium and looks like there might be a chance of catching a transit of IO across jupiter from around 1645 UK time. Just rebalanced the scope and collimated it too..so bound to start raining :p

Good luck!

It's first light for me too with my scope! I haven't had to wait as long as you as I bought it yesterday!!

Just been out with it looking at Jupiter. All I can say is.......astonishing!!!! I could see the moons and the brown/red equatorial bands!! Giving it a rest for a while and then I will be back out to have a good gander at the moon!!

I hope you have/will enjoy your first session as much as I have!

Alistair

Archived