using tablet to stay indoors

Hi,

I don't know if anybody else is going down this route, but being a person who hates the cold I thought I would try the following.iHave an Asus me400c windows 8tablet at the mount with everything going into this via a powered usb hub. My Pentax Dslr,qhy5 on an 80t for guiding, and also my heq5 synscan. The Asus sends everything via my wireless internet to my laptop indoors.Icontrol the tablet remotely with free software and at the moment it all seems to operate ok. I have yet to get photos using this system, but if I ever do I will post them. I anybody has any comments I would love to read them as I am a definite amateur.

I'm doing essentially this right now, target Jupiter, waiting for GRS to come around, think I can just see it now. I'm in the front room, one Macbook controlling the other. Seeing is bad though, but that's  the way it is sometimes. An autofocuser maybe would be handy, but I don't mind going out there every so often.

I'm using Apple stuff, as it's what I have to hand. Same principle with any computers though really. It's handy, although you can't beat being out and there are times when you need to be out there. However, when imaging and taking long exposures, once set up a lot is automatic and it gets cold waiting around so the remote control/monitoring is very handy, especially to keep an eye on PHD and guiding to make sure it's all sweet. Now, if only it could remote control the clouds...

Archived