Narrowband

26mm EP with wide FOV 2"

mylatestwhim

I'm looking for a 2" eyepiece at 26mm to bridge the gap in my current collection. Would like to pay less than £70 ideally. I have a 32 panaview which I rate. It's for an f10 mak if that makes a difference.

Would anyone recommend anything other than the panaview?

Regs, Andy

There is a 26mm Panaview, isn't there? Or is that too expensive?

James

Hi James, yes they do it. Was just wondering if there was anything similar really before I take the plunge. I do rate the 32mm one so am on the verge of getting the 26.

I loved my old meade 4000 but it was 1.25..

What's the problem with 1.25"? If you loose that criteria, the Maxvision 68deg 24mm is in budget and a much sharper EP than the Panaviews - I used to have the 32mm and it was a good value EP, but the Meade 5000 'clones' are from a much more expensive class.

Failing that, the 28mm MV is a 2" and only a smidge over budget.

I make all of my EPs effectively 2" by leaving them in cheap 1.25-2" adaptors. It save faffing about during a session. :)

Russell

What's the problem with 1.25"? If you loose that criteria, the Maxvision 68deg 24mm is in budget and a much sharper EP than the Panaviews - I used to have the 32mm and it was a good value EP, but the Meade 5000 'clones' are from a much more expensive class. Failing that, the 28mm MV is a 2" and only a smidge over budget. I make all of my EPs effectively 2" by leaving them in cheap 1.25-2" adaptors. It save faffing about during a session. :) Russell

Thanks for the pointers I'll check them out later :)

There you go, quick service, tracking via UPS from Germany. I bought two from there, the 20 and 28mm delivered in 3 - 4 days. They are well packaged.

http://www.optical-systems.com/Maxvision-68-Okular-28mm.html

Thanks dude, is this 1.25? It looks like 2" but it doesn't say in the spec?

Edit 50mm sorry (I'm with stupid) :-/

The 28mm is 2 inches, the 16, 20 and 24mm are 1.25 inches, 68 degrees FOV. Enjoy the pinprick stars :smiley: , at f/10 this should give superb edge to edge performance. I was naughty enough to push it in my f4.7 and have no reason to complain.

The 28mm is 2 inches, the 16, 20 and 24mm are 1.25 inches, 68 degrees FOV. Enjoy the pinprick stars :smiley: , at f/10 this should give superb edge to edge performance. I was naughty enough to push it in my f4.7 and have no reason to complain.

Sweeeet!

Anyone want to buy a panaview?? :-P

Cheers guys

There is the 24mm Hyperion gets spoken off nicely in slow scopes.....

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/baader-planetarium/baader-hyperion-68-degree-eyepiece.html

Cheers mate, my Hyperion zoom services 24mm. Very sharp but slightly narrow. I think I'll give the max vision a whirl for a bit of veriaty :)

I had my eye on getting a Hyperion 13mm to cover the 200x magnification gap between my Maxvision 16mm and Explore Scientific 11mm (both Barlowed).

Maybe the F5.9 200p Dob needs something better.

Time to put the 70-degree Delos 6mm back on the shopping list.

I am happy to wait.

Archived