SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rupes Recta (straight wall).

DazC

Thank you all for your positive feedback.

This is the first time I've tried using my web can with my dob.

I'll definitely be using it some more for imaging the moon, and I'll even have a go at Jupiter soon and maybe Saturn too when it's better placed in the sky.

D.C

Hi ultramol,

I used no tracking whatsoever.

All I did was set the frame rate to 30 fps, started the capture when the area I wanted to image was on the screen and let it drift across the fov. Each time the area I wanted had left the fov, I simply moved the scope slightly so it was in the fov again.

59 seconds at 30 fps, then used registax 6.

D.C

Hi ultramol,

I used no tracking whatsoever.

All I did was set the frame rate to 30 fps, started the capture when the area I wanted to image was on the screen and let it drift across the fov. Each time the area I wanted had left the fov, I simply moved the scope slightly so it was in the fov again.

59 seconds at 30 fps, then used registax 6.

D.C

well I am going to get a webcam and try this, thanks DC

So did Registax account for the drift then?

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure whether registax 6 accounts for the drift or not. Truth be told, I don't really know what I'm doing with registax, I just watched a tutorial video on you tube and followed that.

In the tutorial vid it said to tick the "show align data" box at the top of the screen, then click "align".

After it has done its stuff, you're left with an image on the screen. This isn't necessarily an image of the feature you were aiming to get your final image of. It's just a single frame from the hundreds of frames you've captured.

This image will have coloured lines coming from all of the align points you set earlier in the process.

Now all you have to do is go through all of the frames using the slider at the bottom and look for an image of the area you set out to image that has the shortest or preferably no lines on it at all.

Then click "limit" and then "stack".

After this you use wavelet as you would normally.

As I said, I'd not got a clue what to do so just followed a tutorial on you tube.

HTH

D.C

well I am going to get a webcam and try this, thanks DC

No worries, just find a thread on how to mod one for use with a scope.

I'm sure I used one from here on SGL.

It's quite simple really.

D.C

Archived