sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Hi from darkest Kent

paul t

Hi all just a quickie to say hello to everyone out there and that I am looking forward to hearing from you at some point.  My main interests are drawing deep sky objects and observing comets and meteors.  I have a 12 " Newtonian that is currently awaiting a major overhall and compleation of it's observatory. Best wishes and clear skys to you all... Paul T

Many thanks Twinkletoes and I agree, not enough of you ladies out there looking up. It's the same in my local society. I have many female friends who have a passing interest in what's happening in the sky but none serious enough to take it up as a hobby. Best wishes and good observing...paul t

And prey tell what's wrong with tank tops!  :lol: Only joking.  When we hold public observing sessions we get quite a few females of varying ages come to view, they ask some interesting and intelligent questions.  Did you know that Mylene Gliss from the girl group Hear'Say is an armature astronomer and wants to do a s@n type program!  Read that in the papers...

You should pop along to your local society and give them a try. There will be a wealth of experience in most fields of astronomy that you will be able to tap into and, if like my lot, they will be more than happy to impart that infomation. With some of our members the trick is to get them to shut up! And thanks Steve I am just trying to prepair my drawings to put them on here. Watch this space!! :lol:

You knocked the nail right on the bonce! When ever I am trying to sell the univers to some one I always point out that all the time you are out under the stars enjoying the wonders out there the gas bill etc. dosen't matter too much!

I'm think I'm one of them you just mentioned! I will chat about it all night long so don't be daft. And why shouldn't we talk about something we are passionate about! If more people looked up instead of down this world would be a little happier!!