Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

mraj

hi from sunny herefordshire

hello my name is andy, and from herefordshire , just bought my self a celesron astromaster 130 eg md as my first telescope .

my main hobby is photography and is looking to try and combine both together ... but first going to get to grips with the telescope so any tips and advice would be welcome with open arms .

Hello Andy and welcome to SGL. I am also from Herefordshire so whereabouts do you live - City or Rural?

For information there is a Herefordshire Astro Society - link in my signature.

hello mark, live down lower bullingham on the outskirts of the city

Hi Andy. Good luck with your new 'scope. I'm just a bit north of the Herefordshire border when I'm in the UK - great dark skies on a good night! 

OK not far from me. The Astro Society meet in the Kindle Centre next to Asda - next meeting 6th February although we plan to have an observing night at Berrington Hall on the 23rd January.

With a 130mm Reflector you will be able to view the brighter DSOs not to mention the Moon and the Planets. We have a few members of the Society who have a similar scope and we got a nice view of Jupiter at the last observing night in 2013. Anyway happy to give you advice if you need it.

The recommendation of the book 'Turn Left at Orion' is a good one. This book covers the brighter DSOs and Double Stars.

• Like 1

will see if i can make the 23rd working that evening ! will come to the meeting at the kindle as thats not far from me ..thanks  to everyone for the warm welcome . will see about buying the book many thanks

Welcome to SGL Andy - Combining photography and astrophotography seems to make sense ............... until you explore it further!!! :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley: