Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

chadders

Hi to all.

Hi.

New member here having joined only a couple of days ago. I've always had an interest in astronomy since school days, and even had a telescope when in my teens (until I discovered girls). Well that was many years ago and over the years I've always had binoculars and kept an interest in the stars. Being usually away from home, owning a telescope has always been a problem. Anyway, I'm now retired and, I suppose like many others at this time of year, Stargazing Live has re-kindled my interest and I've decided to do something useful in retirement, now that I have time available and won't be travelling every week.

I've dusted off the binoculars and started looking around for a suitable telescope, and I'm hoping to be able to enjoy some excellent nights of observation.

My other main interests are photography and hill walking.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim welcome to the lounge,

hope you are enjoying your retirement, I'm sure you are,

bins are a great way to observe and learn the night sky,

this link will give you plenty to look for and the monthly

newsletter is very good too, http://binocularsky.com/

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hi Jim and welcome to the lounge from another recent retiree with more free time to pursue this great hobby of ours.

Hi Jim and welcome to SGL - Do you plan on combining your photography with astro imaging?

Look forward to seeing you about  :smiley: