Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LOOKING UP

Alex Crombie

Welcome to SGL

Can't help with the Nikon I'm afraid.  I'd suggest posting in perhaps the camera discussion group to see if anyone can offer advice.

James

I can't help you either...But welcome to SGL. Someone will be able to help as James said, post in Camera section

As above, And welcome to SGL

Hi Alex, Choice of NIKON camera obviously depends on how deep your pockets are. Nikons range from £300 to thousands. I have a D3200 "entry level" camera which has a APS-C 24MP sensor which I find works well in conjunction with my refractor telescope night and day. Nikon have now introduced some other similar models with slightly better spec at slightly higher prices. They have the advantage over full frame DSLRs in that you get 50% more magnification for the same lens and they are much lighter. Obviously if you want to throw it around like the press and produce amazing billboard photographs you would need to look at the professional range. There are optional infer red and wifi gadges if you want to control by tablet, phone or laptop. GPS gadget also available. Hope that helps.

Hi Alex, Choice of NIKON camera obviously depends on how deep your pockets are. Nikons range from £300 to thousands. I have a D3200 "entry level" camera which has a APS-C 24MP sensor which I find works well in conjunction with my refractor telescope night and day. Nikon have now introduced some other similar models with slightly better spec at slightly higher prices. They have the advantage over full frame DSLRs in that you get 50% more magnification for the same lens and they are much lighter. Obviously if you want to throw it around like the press and produce amazing billboard photographs you would need to look at the professional range. There are optional infer red and wifi gadges if you want to control by tablet, phone or laptop. GPS gadget also available. Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone for your information and good wishes.

Archived