SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Two and a half hours of Jupiter, 11th Jan

JamesF

An animation of 50 frames created from 225,000 frames captured over two and a half hours on Saturday night.  Processing has been a bit of a marathon :D

jupiter-anim.gif

Not Jupiter's most interesting side, but I'm just grateful to have had the opportunity...

James

Nice job James, animation looks great!

I'm looking to get a bigger hdd in my laptop, I can't even record that many frames without filling it!

Yes, I think I ended up with about 77GB of data by the time I'd completed all the processing :)

James

This is awesome, well done Sir.

Next target, one full rotation? :)

Thank you.  I bet one full rotation might just be achievable, as long as you live up a high mountain somewhere near the equator :)

Half a rotation might be possible though, given sufficiently clear skies.  So, err, not in the south west of the UK then :D

James

Wow, very impressive! How long did that take to process?! Also out of interest what is the time interval between each frame?

It took hours to process.  Not entirely sure quite how long, but I was at it for a fair while.  That's the one thing that puts me off doing a longer one.  I'd have to do it over a few days I think.

James

Should have thought about it more when I read the info - 50 frames over 2.5hrs = 1 every 3 mins!  :grin:

That's correct.  Each capture run was 150 seconds and the gaps between make up the rest.

James

Hi James, I salute your dedication and tenacity. Its one thing to take the pictures but quite another to process them to such a high standard.

It's also true that us West Country boys & girls are a hardy bunch who are prepared to spend many a long night in the freezing cold-laughing in the face of such adversity.

I say this without fear of contradiction .... from the comfort of my warm studio while controlling all aspects of my 'scope remotely.

Keep up the good work, James!

Cheers

Bud

Hi James, I salute your dedication and tenacity. Its one thing to take the pictures but quite another to process them to such a high standard.

It's also true that us West Country boys & girls are a hardy bunch who are prepared to spend many a long night in the freezing cold-laughing in the face of such adversity.

I say this without fear of contradiction .... from the comfort of my warm studio while controlling all aspects of my 'scope remotely.

Keep up the good work, James!

Thank you, Bud :)

James

Archived