Narrowband

Hi from down south

davedownsouth

Hi All,

been quietly following the forum for some time now and thought it about time that I joined in :smiley:.  Living in North Hampshire and have been wandering round with a small set of bird watching binoculars; staying out later and later and have enjoyed looking at the moon and been very excited in seeing Venus go through it's phases, which I can just about make them out with the binoculars (if I squint in the right way).  i have just purchased my first scope since hitting adulthood and am very much looking forward to getting it; hopefully early next week, when I predict the south of the country will be hit by freaky spells of crystal clear skies between the hours of 8pm and 2 am, until about late July.  I think it is good to an optimist, but I expect this will soon be beaten out of me as reality sets in and my boots get full of rain water  :rolleyes:.  Sure I will need plenty of advice in getting the telescope set-up, so you can all look forward to getting asked the same questions you have already been asked a dozen times before as I have not managed to work out how to use the search function on this site yet  :tongue:.

Cheers,

Dave

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived