SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter 11 Jan - Best Result so far with ASI120MC

SeedyF

I got the ASI120MC in September 2013 and have barely had a chance to get it out and the few occasions I did the sky was horrible - that included last Thursday. So I couldn't believe my luck when it was clear and stable(ish) on Saturday night! Finally I got an image that was worth processing. 

The attached image is through Skywatcher Flextube 250 dob, 3x TAL barlow, 3mins captured in SharpCap, processed in Registax and tweaked in Photoshop.

The weather wasn't entirely friendly - everything in sight was getting thick with frost, the secondary kept misting up, and I gave up on the finder, I just couldn't waste power keeping it frost free. So glad I got a camping hairdryer for Christmas though, an essential in my kit box now :D and meant I could keep going. 

I think that's Callisto bottom left.

I'm quite pleased - this camera replaced a Philips SPC900 and the detail is much better with the ASI. I cant wait for a night with a bit less moisture. 

Jupiter 11_01_2014 20_57_19.bmp

Archived