SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CCD Imaging with Nikon Lens - Any Advice Welcomed

After the epiphany that I actually own a CCD camera (which is used for guiding on my scope) I am thinking of using it with my Nikon lenses on my Astrotrac to see how I will get on with CCD imaging. I will be limited to mono imaging as, through, research I dont think I will  be able to get the required adapter, and filter wheel and maintain the required spacing.

Focal Flange Distance of Nikon = 46.5mm

Atik Titan distance from top of T thread = 13mm

This leaves 33.5mm.

I think I will be getting a Geoptik Nikon adapter this takes up 19mm leaving a 14.5mm gap which, for now will be taken up with a space.

Can anyone recommend who I should look to, to purchase a Geoptik Nikon Adapter in the UK?

Doing this will also help me get to grips with image size, resolution, field of view etc etc.

So, any thoughts you may have are welcome.

I am interested in knowing wether these adapters are able to take any filters in the train, if so I may consider getting one for my 314L+ and my Nikkor 180mm F2.8 ED, now that would be a fast wide set up and light too.

A.G

Yes, the adapter allows a 1.25" filter to be fitted inside it

Yes, the adapter allows a 1.25" filter to be fitted inside it

Ooh, I did not know that. So with my mono cam I could also get a narrowband filter and make a start on gathering NB data.....interesting.

Archived