Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Last nights observations :)

Spidy

I feel like a giddy child. Last night i had my perants over and got into a convosation on asronomy so we decided to take my skyliner 150p out to see what was about and the moon was an easy first target but always looks great but the crem da la crem for me was jupiter and its moons. With seeing conditions good enough for some high magnifecations was fantastic to see the wether bands so clear and like i said the moons too. I was then keen to search for some DSOs but as always beaten but the clouds rolling in :( but so so exited by that i just cant wait to get out again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

since your scope is not "too big" , I suggest you try the larget globular clusters like m13 and brighter planetaries like m57 or blue snowball. They should be quite easily visible if you manage the find them. 

In addition to the globs suggested by itmo, I'd recommend some of the open clusters! In particular, I love the double in Perseus and the Pleiades in as wide an angle as you can get. Little jewel boxes! :-). Maybe have a look at some of the doubles too? It's a good way of proving that stars really are different colours (thinking Albeiro!!)

Some serious wow moments for the non-astronomers there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived