Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help needed please. (Lack of colour on Jupiter)

Hi fellow star gazers,

I managed to capture a 1:30 video of Jupiter last night using a 200p dob and my Canon 600d. I used the 3x digital zoom aka crop mode for this pic

but I also have a 5x vid & 10x vid not as many frames of course but thought I would try out different settings.

For this pic I ran the 3x vid through pipp to convert to avi crop & allign. All together I had 2152 frames. Things were looking good as the test threshold was showing that it was not fuzzy batch of pixels :) I split the Rgb then processed. Then uploaded all 3 to AS2. I auto selected ap's & selected 50% of frames then let it do its magic. After that I uploaded it to registax2 for wavelets & rgb allign hit do all & this was the result. I also repeated the process not selecting split rgb in pipp but the result was the same.

post-27836-0-47719500-1389519743.jpgI am happy as this is my 1st attempt at imaging a planet but craving some colour. If anyone could give me a little help & advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ryan 

Archived