Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Pic through my Telescope (Moon)

russp

Here it is ... had a great night tonight, seems I got polar align and the synscan setup sorted and the GoTo was spot on every time, couldn't resist trying to attach the camera and have a go at the moon - here are the results. Shot about 7 or 8 at different exposures and used best 3 to form an HDR  using HDR Efex Pro4 . hardly an astro imaging product but I'm pretty pleased with the result and some proper astro imaging software is on the shopping list. Ascension 127ED Triplet APO CF,  AZ EQ6-GT and Nikon D5200.

11896326296_a8470fbcf9_b.jpg

Thanks for the encouraging comments, I had another look at the pictures - I wasn't completely happy with the alignment - some of the craters at the edges on the full size image have a distinct echo (double image) which can be clearly seen on the full size picture here http://www.flickr.com/photos/russpinder/11896326296/sizes/o/

This is  a single image which is sharper I think and I didn't have to convert it to B&W to remove some odd color casts (full size extract below).

11919688546_be35c9d04a_b.jpg

11919669616_6ca700fdf5_b.jpg

Archived