Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

9 January 2014 The Moon - close up

Bizibilder

Last nights Moon with decent seeing for the first time in a while.  C11 and Canon 1100D for a 2 pane mosaic.  Also some smaller close up mosaics with a QHY IMG132H.  All at prime focus.  I have included a pic from the 7th Jan of Theophilus to show the effect of different lighting:

9Jan2014MosaicSmallJPEG.jpg

9Jan2014Pano1.jpg  7JAN2014Mosaicsmall.jpg

9Jan2014Pano2.jpg

9Jan2014Pano3.jpg

Great shots, Roger, and the top one looks a cracker to me :smiley:

Wish I could have got my SCT out last night, but I felt it was a touch too windy, so grabbed a frac instead. Probably just as well, as that got wobbled a bit :eek:

Does your obsy give you nice shelter from the wind? Sorry if that's a daft question, I haven't used an obsy. Last year I was really looking forward to using my C11 in Dec and Jan and it just didn't happen, due to illness, clouds, or wind!

Thanks for your comments Luke - yes the observatory does give shelter from the wind.  I often have the roof open just far enough for the scope to peek out!!  No effects from the wind even on some of the rather windy nights we have had recently.

Archived