sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

That looks pretty good. It might be a little over sharpened which gives those quite hard edges. Did you use Registax? I also use my QHY5 for imaging, mainly solar but also sometimes for the moon. The larger format makes it easier for mosaics than my SPC900. :)

• Like 1

That looks pretty good. It might be a little over sharpened which gives those quite hard edges. Did you use Registax? I also use my QHY5 for imaging, mainly solar but also sometimes for the moon. The larger format makes it easier for mosaics than my SPC900. :)

Yes, I did a sharpen in Registax after stacking is AS!2. I did push quite hard on the sharpening.

I only stacked about 500 of my frames I have about 8000, but don't think that it will add any more detail.

I will retry again later with more frames and sharpen in PS5.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WiltsStarGazer
      Hi,
      Just got a s/h EQ5 go-to mount and am trying to align the polar scope.
      The guy I bought it from used a Pole Master camera for polar alignment and I thing he had removed the polar scope to use that.
      The problem I am having, apart from having no manuals and being unable to find any online, is the target in is not in 'clock' position, i.e. 0 at the top 6 at the bottom, when the mount is in 'home' position, and therefore I can't see how I can polar align, and I not can't see a way to adjust it to what I think is the correct position.
      Also the green 24 hour clock ring is very loose even though the polar scope is fully screwed in, is there something missing from the slot underneath, ( please see photos attached)?
      I can understand adjusting the three screws to center the polar scope in the mount and I think I can work out actual polar alignment, there are enough videos on line for that but this has me stumped.
      Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

• By Turbocoo
      As above looking for scopes for both these mounts. Thanks 
    • By Paul779
      Hi all
      New to the astrophotography game. Looking to get into guiding now.
      Looking for an EQ3-2  with enhanced dual motor drives or synscan system would also consider barebones EQ3-2/EQ5 to upgrade, not minted right now can offer £150-200.
      Cheers
      Paul
    • By Brownthunder93
      Anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement counterweight bar/shaft for my EQ5 mount? 
    • By Lowjiber
      Seeing wasn't the best yesterday, but I hadn't shot a prom in a month.
      Thanks for the peek.
      Clear Skies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.