Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

West Sussex Observing Group - social meet up

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!!! Sorry for the quietness, been a difficult and busy few weeks/month. Covering daughters 15th, wifes 40th, a wisdom tooth out under sedation and now another tooth with an abcess so another extraction needed. Lots of other stuff inbetween so ZERO astronomy for a long time :(

But have been buying lots of bits, Skywatcher red dot finder, pollution filter, 3.6mm eyepiece, new head lamp.... just need a low watt green laser. Am planning to buy a Canon 1200d with live view yay!!! After my daughters 11th....

I'm going to look at Mars tonight for the opposition but garden only. What has everyone else been up to? With the warmer months I hope we can get some more meetups done. Am off to my mums for easter as she lives near a dark site in kent.

Hardly any observing from me too but plenty of buying.

You can see from my signature what I have got since we last observed with Dave in Cowfold that evening when all I had was the 127mak on a az goto.es

I'm also going to my mums for easter, see has very dark skies as she lives out in the Fens. Next to no light pollution.

Well done Frank, look forward to seeing the end result.

Right, its showing clear all night tonight and I fancy a late one as I haven't seen Mars or Saturn through the C8 yet and its really starting to pee me off. So please tell me that someone is out tonight or at least fancies a visitor, namely me for the evening for a mini star party.

From one very desperate and begging stargazer.

Thanks Chris, thats very kind of you.

With Haywards Heath being an hours drive away from me, I will have to see what time the other half gets back with my car this evening.

I will keep you updated if thats ok?

Clouds clear at about 10pm according to the met office. :)

Where are you setting up?

Like you it will only be in my back garden. Although it's not looking like the clouds are clearing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just setting up now, will only be properly dark by 10, so plenty time for clouds to clear

@hobsey - no probs will post my pics in the morning.

Funny I was just thinking about setting up and hoping the clouds blow over...

And if they don't I might just have to update my farms library.

Just to put in my two pence worth. .. It's starting to clear up already in Billingshurst so there is hope for you guys :) don't think I'll be setting up just yet as I've got to go have a word with a 20yr old who decided to grab my 12yr old daughter and try and kiss her and was being a bit rough? Not very happy this eve!

sent from within the darkest depths of my telescope

that's what I meant ;) I might get into trouble this eve :(

I'm sure your carefully placed 'word' will make him think about what he was doing wrong and he'll leave it at that....

Your right there im sure but the mood I'm in. ....

Anyway apart from all that, I hope you get some good seeing tonight guys is looking very promising right now. Can't wait to meet up again and exchange star chat!

Archived