help in colchester

satcom

Hi Everyone my name is Alan and im new to this sight and also new to stargazing im looking for anyone that is local to me to help me set up my new Telescope I have tried to watch several  video but still don't seem to have it set up correctly . All so looking for anyone that is willing to teach me the basics in stargazing, please PM me, thanks again.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanx for your reply I have a sky watcher 130 eq2 I just cant seem to set scope correctly on mount I have watched several things on you tube but still don't seem to have it set up correctly

Not everyone reads the Welcome group, so it might be a plan to repost your question in the "Getting Started Equipment Help and Advice" section where more people might read it.  if you're able to post a photo of how far you've got with assembling things then that might help too.  It shouldn't be hard to get set up, but a newtonian scope is perhaps a little less obvious because it doesn't work in the same way as the telescopes that most people are familiar with.

James

Hi Alan,

I'm also new here, but I have recently (Wednesday) got my first telescope which is the sky watcher 130p eq2 and I didn't find too many problems setting it up and got a good view of Jupiter last night. I agree a photo might help. I'll see if I can get a photo of my set up when I get back to my computer to see if it helps you.

Phil.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi Phil I have it on the mount as instructions but when trying to observe the sky and try using fine tune it wont go any further to the right so I must have something set up wrong

Ah,

fair enough, certainly doesn't sound like how mine behaved. I've attached a couple of photos anyway, just so you can check they look similar to what you've got. I found the movement of the equatorial mount really counter-intuitive to begin with, but I got the hang of it once i had balanced it all properly. If something seems to be sticking on yours though, I'm afraid you might be right in needing someone to physically have a look at it to see what is wrong.

Good luck getting it working!

Phil.

post-34450-0-86405500-1389360457_thumb.j

post-34450-0-04750700-1389360459_thumb.j

P.S.

I've cropped out the background image because, honestly, my house is so tidy i didn't want to put anyone else to shame.

P.

Ah,

fair enough, certainly doesn't sound like how mine behaved. I've attached a couple of photos anyway, just so you can check they look similar to what you've got. I found the movement of the equatorial mount really counter-intuitive to begin with, but I got the hang of it once i had balanced it all properly. If something seems to be sticking on yours though, I'm afraid you might be right in needing someone to physically have a look at it to see what is wrong.

Good luck getting it working!

Phil.

attachicon.giftelescope cropped.jpg

attachicon.giftelescope mount cropped.jpg

P.S.

I've cropped out the background image because, honestly, my house is so tidy i didn't want to put anyone else to shame.

P.

thanx for pictures the only difference I can see is that your fine tune arm is at the rear and mine is at the front . how do I upload a pic so I can show you

to upload a picture (on a PC) there is a button next to the post button which says 'more reply options', if you go there you can upload photos.

As James says i think you can attach the cabe on either side, but i'll check on my mount when i get home.

P.

Might be worth finding a local astro club. From wht I gather they are very friendly types and I'm sure you could take your setup along and have someone go through it with you while you take photos and make notes. You can't beat having someone there in the flesh!

good luck with it

Chris

Hi Satcom.

I set my up a week ago but as I can see it on your picture you may just have to take off your telescope from the mount and turne the dovetail 180 degree on the polar axis but make sure that the mount wont turn, so your fine adjustement cable is backwards and then put your scope back and make sure that the eyepiece is above the counter weight.

Keep us aupdated how do you get on.

Good luck with it.

Clear skies.

Hi Alan, that does look like mine except turned around 180 degrees. It seems the adjustment cable doesn't fit on either side, so maybe that has something to do with your problem. Other than that I'm out of advice in afraid! Good luck and if all else fails local attuning clubs sound like a good idea.

How it works out for you.

P.

Hope you get

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Archived