Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Back photographing the stars

I haven't been on here for a while and re visited the other night after seeing a huge meteor.

I decided to pop out with my camera tonight on the off chance that the Aurora was visible as low down as here, but unfortunately I haven't seen anything. Not being in a particularly dark area probably hasn't helped either. But I still decided to get some shots as it is lovely and clear.

What I can't believe is I missed capturing a meteor which shot straight through my field of view. Inbetween two shots the security light came on and as I was waiting for it to go off I was looking at the live view on the back of my camera and there it was, shot straight across. First of all I was all wow, then frustrated!

So the other night I completely missed capturing a meteor as I was inside, tonight I was out with my camera but timing wasn't on my side, so third time lucky!

Anyway below is my shot of tonight's Sky (sorry it's on its side, I think it's because I'm on my iPad). I should have been on a higher ISO but I've got the main constellations.

Can't wait for some more clear skies to get out and do some star trails and time-lapse.

post-10924-0-91946200-1389310376_thumb.j

Archived