Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep8_banner.thumb.jpg.7fc4114c7705b14c0786cf342cea1f9c.jpg

Deep

My first star trail

I am using canon 1100d 18-55mm kit lens to do this star trail.

The place I live is Malaysia ( Asia )

I do this by my university`s senior guide but it still doesnt really make me feel very good.

Pls give me some comment on how can I do better for this.

ISO 800 , f5.6 , 15s 

eda3960cf1d009a94256e582f3643136.620x0_q

• Like 3

That's actually quite an interesting image - you've almost got daylight there with all the LP yet still produced star trails - I guess it's twilight cos you have the clouds as well. You can get better trails if you go to a dark site well away from the Uni/City. But otherwise you've produced an intriguing shot - well done! :)

• Like 1

That's actually quite an interesting image - you've almost got daylight there with all the LP yet still produced star trails - I guess it's twilight cos you have the clouds as well. You can get better trails if you go to a dark site well away from the Uni/City. But otherwise you've produced an intriguing shot - well done! :)

Dear  brantuk , 

Thanks for the comment , I am still not satisfied because when I compare the photo shot by me and my senior on the same day ,

still didnt understand why my color tone is less concentrated. Actually I just get my camera and right away the night I shot all this photo.

1497564_10202266013363581_921574509_n.jp

This is what my senior shot at the same day. 

Btw , my senior shot with Nikon d5100  , while i shot with Canon 1100d.

He shot with  200 exposure of 20s / f8 / ISO 800.

I shot with 299 exposure of 15s / f5.6 / ISO 800

Well - I'm mostly an observer so I can't advise on how to concentrate the colour - a more experienced astro photographer will comment on that for you soon - the difference might simply be due to the difference between Canon/Nikon cameras - I don't know. But I do like unusual and interesting pictures. :)

• Like 1

i like both of those a lot - kind of a surreal look to them.

Should be able to fix the colour saturation and contrast on yours quite easily on photoshop, no ?  Just do it gently.

I think your horizon needs fixing - looks like it slopes down from left to right ?

oh - and if it makes you feel better, your stars are in focus, your senior's aren't  :evil:

• Like 1

i like both of those a lot - kind of a surreal look to them.

Should be able to fix the colour saturation and contrast on yours quite easily on photoshop, no ?  Just do it gently.

I think your horizon needs fixing - looks like it slopes down from left to right ?

oh - and if it makes you feel better, your stars are in focus, your senior's aren't  :evil:

thanks for the comment ! 

I am quite new in photo shooting , astronomy and also photoshop  :embarrassed:

I think as time passed by I will able to learn more about all these ! 

Haha , I wasnt notice that his star are not in focus !  :tongue: