Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ok First try at M31.. Don,t be too harsh.

Hi folks,

The weather turned out quite good the last two nights, so I decided to give M31 a go..

Since this was my first atempt, I had to experiment with my settings,  althougM31from5jan1.tifM31from5jan1.tifh some cloulds came over , I had to scrub a few subs...

Anyway I tryed to experiment with Photoshop, well say it this way, Still a lot to learn..

Be glad if someone could try these subs, and show me how its done..

Many thanks

John

There's definitely a bit more detail to be had through processing those images. If you've got Photoshop just look up stretching the levels. There are some tutorials on it in the imaging section in here.

This re-touch up took five minutes, just stretching the data in your image and pushing up the vibrancy and saturation a little. Didn't do anything else.

I'm sure you're original larger TIF file would produce a better image.

post-31280-0-64724400-1389030341.jpg

Hi John,

You have done very well for the first try and the data is decent. I took the liberty of having a quick go in PI, about a 2minutes job to see what you have, perhaps I could have done with a more gentle NR but anyway hope you don't mind.

Regards and happy new year,

A.G

post-28808-0-53745500-1389045956.png

Hi   A.G..

You have done a pretty good job on that one. As I have said, I still need more practice with Photoshop...

Also the next time i will centre the Image. I had set everything up in BYEos, and went to my bed not checking the alignment..

I suppose practice makes perfect.

I have heard a lot about Pi.. And It looks very interesting, but needs a lot of attention..

First I will try out Photoshop..

Thanks again..

John..

Ps Send over some good weather..

Hi   A.G..

You have done a pretty good job on that one. As I have said, I still need more practice with Photoshop...

Also the next time i will centre the Image. I had set everything up in BYEos, and went to my bed not checking the alignment..

I suppose practice makes perfect.

I have heard a lot about Pi.. And It looks very interesting, but needs a lot of attention..

First I will try out Photoshop..

Thanks again..

John..

Ps Send over some good weather..

You are welcome, I have just started with PI, hugely sleep larning curve and more options and parameters to alter and choose from than an American coffee shop. My main processing software is StarTools and I always end up tweaking a little in PS. Keep us informed as how you progress please.

Regards,

A.G

m

Thanks Folks,

You have all given me hope in my Processing work.. I,am searching through the Photoshop tutorials..

Just hope the weather chanes soon, so I can have another go at M31.. This time I will take more Subs.

Cs... John

Processing is, in my opinion, the hardest part of AP, so don't be hard on yourself. Looks like you've captured some decent data, so well done!!

There's lots of photoshop tutorials on the net, from the basics and upwards. They will get you going in no time. A great first image!!

Archived