Narrowband

Arghhh weather is annoying

Vicki Harrison

So I need to moan about our torrential weather in 15 days ive been out 6 times! So not fair! Its beem a mix of slipping over hurting myself and hail stones hitting me square in the face ( which may I add really hurts, when your face is already frozen!) Then thinking I have a clear spot then get blinded by lightening while looking in the ep !! Good job I love this hobbie! Or all my kit would be on ebay! Or failing that soneone shout me when its summer

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I need to moan about our torrential weather in 15 days ive been out 6 times! So not fair! Its beem a mix of slipping over hurting myself and hail stones hitting me square in the face ( which may I add really hurts, when your face is already frozen!) Then thinking I have a clear spot then get blinded by lightening while looking in the ep !! Good job I love this hobbie! Or all my kit would be on ebay! Or failing that soneone shout me when its summer

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I would like to moan too, but have to think positive. This last month has being very bleak, especially as I spent October and November in California, where it had only rained one day since April.   

nice one L8-nite, really rub it in when the lady is down,  shouldn't laugh, but you did make me chuckle,  still cloudy and very wet in deepest darkest Essex,  haven't venture out from the house all evening, so with you as per the weather Vicki,      Lum

nice one L8-nite, really rub it in when the lady is down,  shouldn't laugh, but you did make me chuckle,  still cloudy and very wet in deepest darkest Essex,  haven't venture out from the house all evening, so with you as per the weather Vicki,      Lum

Sorry, not trying to rub it in, just writing my thoughts like everyone here, waiting, and waiting, and waiting to look out the window and see a clear patch of sky. 

Will say that since doing this (astronomy) I now listen to anything that explains the climate, the jetstream position and effect, learnt about the many climatic cells - Hadley, mid-latitude and polar cells, even the Atlantic Multidecadal Cycle.

But as someone said a day or two back, we live on a small rock in the North Atlantic.

Yet somehow we seem to expect Mediterranean or even Caribbean weather.

In some ways I prefer no hope weather like this to that maybe-weather where you're not quite sure whether it going to be worth setting up.

The weather has been pretty much no hope here for weeks (months really).

I think the last time i observed was about 2 months ago when i had 3-4 clear nights in a row.

Rare event in this part of the world. 

Hows this for a laughable question. Anyone know of an accurate weather forecasting site or app!

Mike

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I use weather watcher and I find it spot on most of the time.  I am lucky, I have the last of the original free versions. V5.6.53.

I think the last few months have been the worst I've ever had.  Even when it stops raining the atmosphere is so damp that the seeing is terrible.

The only positive note so far this winter has been that perhaps thanks to the amount of cloud I've seen the Milky Way almost every time there's been a clear patch of sky.  With the Sun so close to the northern horizon in winter it often seems quite hard to pick out the Milky Way, but this year it has been very easy.

James

Archived