Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Penmon Point startrail

Certainly worked....

I had thought of doing something similar for Mumbles lighthouse after seeing your TL from a few years ago...  but don't know how it would pan out with the LP from the City and Steel works as a back drop... Although I do have the 77mm IDAS witch would fit the 24-105...

Plus I would have to stand guard over the camera or it would go "walkies"...

Peter....

Wow what a great pic Kev over 2hrs and worth every minute when you look at the finished image, hope you don't mind me asking but what are the three streaks running across the image are they from aircraft lights  

Wow what a great pic Kev over 2hrs and worth every minute when you look at the finished image, hope you don't mind me asking but what are the three streaks running across the image are they from aircraft lights  

just navigation lights from aircraft

A lovely image once more. You always get a " Crispness " to your images that I like and as for the star colours.........

Is the main light a strobe ? I looked it up but could only find the timing ( 5 sec ) not the type.

Dave.

A lovely image once more. You always get a " Crispness " to your images that I like and as for the star colours.........

Is the main light a strobe ? I looked it up but could only find the timing ( 5 sec ) not the type.

Dave.

I think its a rotating light but it does have light baffles on the land side of it to avoid lighting up some local cottages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

I think its a rotating light but it does have light baffles on the land side of it to avoid lighting up some local cottages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Thanks Kev. That explains a lot.

I must get down there one day. It's just along the coast for me.

Dave.

Final version containing the full sequence of 1000 images, the post processing is shown under hte image

11878409825_f643e3c98a_o.jpg

this is the final version of the previous draft image containing 500 unedited images I uploaded here www.flickr.com/photos/kevlewis/11780504593/

This final image contains the full 1000 images taken over 3 hours.

Each raw file was converted to tiff and then batch processed as follows:

2 x run throughs with a deconvolution PS action to tighten the stars.

2 x run throughs with an action to bring up the star colour.

1 manual edit of all of the 1000 images to remove any aircraft navigation lights and clean up some coma on corner stars.

Then Starstax v0.6 was used to blend all of the images, followed by a tidy up in PS to clean a few hot pixels and adjust the levels.

Archived