Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another newbie.

Kynaston

Hi there. My name is Doug and I live near Orpington in Kent.  I have been interested in astronomy since the age of eight and when I retired after 54 years at work, I decided to rekindle the interest. Sooooo .... I bought a small Meade telescope and started the re-exploration of the sky. I then thought I had better try and meet like minded people and so joined a local Astronomy Society. The i found I had to learn how to try and use a laptop (which I have never done) and the like minded good people helped me to use the darned thing.

I now have `scopes; my original Meade 70 ETX, a Skywatcher 1145 Newtonian and a Skywatcher 127mm refractor. I sometimes take images of the sky with a camera through the eyepiece but I don`t do pukka imaging ...... like I have seen on this and other Forums.  I might try one day ..... if the finances allow but otherwise I just love observing.

I have just got a 2" 28mm eyepiece and star diagonal for Christmas and now need a 2" barlow.  Here`s looking ..... perhaps for my 78th birthday in May ..... he said hopefully.

This is me; old andf very keen.

Cheers.

Archived