Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants.thumb.jpg.0a6deb4bf0886533629e2bdc08293bc9.jpg

moondog

Chat Thread

*cough* Anyone? Hello?

Mine needs updating (again), but it appears I am no longer a mod in this section, so I cant do it myself.

Rosette RGB, Picture of the Months, S@N April 2008

IC2177 Ha, Practical Astronomer, May 2008 (which no one spotted AFAIK, and I only found out about today after I renewed my subscription!)

Markarian's Chain, S@N June 2008

Daz, I sent a PM to you a while ago but you have not added me to the list. Do you still have the message? If not I will make a list again.

Regards

Kevin

How do you submit images to Astronomy Now and Sky at Night, I've just been browsing their sites and can't see anywhere obvious :?

Many thanks Ron :) Any idea of the submission process for Astronomy Now?

Afraid I don't know about the AN procedure Ian. Somebody is bound to know.

Who was the AN mag editor who appeared on SGL when Neil Bone featured about Imaging M42 too much. I think his name is Neil. I am sure he left an email address, so if you look in that thread, you may get some info from him via email. Worth a look mate.

Ron. :thumbright:

That will be Neil Keith Cooper :)

Well, I wasn't that far off. I had the Cooper, I just didn't include it in the post. :laughing2:

Ford Prefect (aka Jon) has his NGC7000 North America neb on the Coverdisc of December's Sky@Night 2008 edition. Any chance of setting up a thread for him, as I am sure that with me helping him to get things sorted, he will have plenty more images published soon :D

Added thread for Ford Prefect (Jon) published images, and removed Ron's posts in that locked thread (twice!). Ths is what he said:

Superb Image Jon. I remember it from the December Issue, but I was not aware you were a member of SGL.

I've logged your name, as I'm sure you will have more published.

Congrats on this one. :thumbright:

Ron. :(

Thanks Steve. :thumbright:

Persistent wasn't I ? :laughing2:

When is the earliest in the month that S@N subscribers start receiving their copies through the letterbox?

I think it's around the 15th of the Month although I dont actually subscribe. It usually in the shops on or around the 19th of the Month

I really should subscribe as its almost a weeek later before it gets to the local shop...

Good luck Steve - although I am sure you don't need it...

I guess you know the score anyway :)

Billy....

When is the earliest in the month that S@N subscribers start receiving their copies through the letterbox?

Usually the 15th or 16th up my way.

Well worth subscribing.

You can email your pictures to

hotshots@skyatnightmagazine.com.

Put all the relevant details regarding the images, and who you are.

Hope you are successful Ian.

Ron. :)

Thanks again Ron. My first submitted image appeared in March's S@N, M45 - page 35 - well chuffed :mad:

Thanks again Ron. My first submitted image appeared in March's S@N, M45 - page 35 - well chuffed :)

Well done bro! I know your mum is very proud :)

Martin

Well done Ian, I missd that as I didn't get a chance to get my copy. you should be real proud mate.

Gary

I submitted my first image to S@N magazine, and have had an email back asking for a higher res version! YAY!! :)