Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

moondog

Chat Thread

Well done Martin - the S&N photo was too small to do your superb image justice !

:cool:

MD

You took the very words out of my mouth!

Having seen the large version it's MHO that it better than the M81 & M82 image. Congrats! :wink:

Strangely enough I have a letter in the Inbox section of the same issue. Does that count as 'published'? If so can a First be claimed or have two or more members of the forum appeared in the same magazine at the same time before?

CW

Nice one Martin, a superb image of the highest quality, well worthy of being published.

Certainly shows what we can achieve in spite of the carp weather that has been plaguing the North western part of Europe this "summer"

naz

Date: June 2007

Publication: Sky at Night Magazine - July 2007 issue

Martin had his fabulous image of the Leo triplet of galaxies on the hotshots pages (p27)

Indeed he did, and a nice accolade it was too!!

Dave

Thanks guys. This image was a bit of a fluke really. I'd had miserable evening struggling to get the kit working, it was bitterly cold and I was getting pretty chilled when clouds rolled over. I waited about an hour and then decided to call it a night and pack away. Half way through the strip down the clouds vanished and left a sparklingly clear night. I could barely feel the keys on the lap top and had a real job setting everything up again I was shivering so much. By the time everything was up and running I was beyond shivering and could barely move. I just crawled off to bed leaving the kit to it's own devices. I had my electric blanket on full pelt and was still cold in the morning. I hardly slept worrying about all the awful things that could happen.

I don't think I would have had the patience to let it run for 4 hours otherwise. Learnt a lot that night!

Looks like it was worth all the effort then mate.

You must be well made up (i know i would be)

Well done.

Date: August 2007

Publication: Sky at Night Sept 2007 - Cover DC

Rog's famous Network Nebula image!

14.jpg

Very nice Rog!

Kain

Hey Rog - someone catching you up!!! :wink:

A very impressive list Carol!!

lol i think Carol has long past me Daz, BUT I,LL BE BACK hehehehehe , just watch this space ,we Hmmm this time next year

Rog

OMG - I'm sure I saw these a little while back, noted the name but didn't link it to our Greg :(

Well done Greg and hope the holiday was a good one!

James