SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Oh no!

Peter Drew

They have a Celestron 70mm frac. in our local Maplin store. I didn't see the price though, and I didn't ask.

I know our Aldi have some small Reflectors which don't appear to be selling well, the price has fallen by £5 when I was in there yesterday.

Was there ever a mention of the futility of buying these kind of Instruments on the Stargazing Live shows.

Perhaps they were advised by the programme heads not to mention them in a bad way, for fear of upsetting the High Street pedlars

of these Wondrous magic tellingscopes :smiley:.

Ron. 

Oh dear is right! I had a look at the Danubia Orion 200 Newton Reflector Astro Telescope and it has claims such as:

"The Danubia Orion 200 Newton Reflector Astro Telescope is a classic Newtonian Telescope which is a powerful 200mm mirror Telescope"

"It has a magnification of 40-316x which can be expanded further by optional Eyepieces"

Yes the prices do seem a bit steep. They do have quite a lot of Celestron stuff.

Ian

Oh dear is right! I had a look at the Danubia Orion 200 Newton Reflector Astro Telescope and it has claims such as:

"The Danubia Orion 200 Newton Reflector Astro Telescope is a classic Newtonian Telescope which is a powerful 200mm mirror Telescope"

"It has a magnification of 40-316x which can be expanded further by optional Eyepieces"

Yes the prices do seem a bit steep. They do have quite a lot of Celestron stuff.

Ian

I wonder are the views as clear as the photos are :eek: .

I wonder are the views as clear as the photos are :eek: .

"You will be able to see the rings around Saturn in all their pixelated splendor"

Or perhaps

"Product image similar to the quality of resulting photos when enlarged to sufficient viewing size"

Archived