Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finderscope

Hello again peeps.

So I have a Dob Skywatcher 200p that is great fun and I have just come in from the cold and one thing is a slight issue, the finderscope is the upside down around the wrong way type, does anyone know where I can get a straight through type that will fit straight into the holder without any modifications.

Many Thanks

Yet again :|

Sent from my B1-A71 using Tapatalk

..........is it possible to just buy the diagonal section? On my 9x50 the eye lens, un-screws leaving only the main OTA. I can hold an old Celestron correcting lens in place and it works, just to prove my point, so I would only need the  diagonal, if I were to change mine.

..........is it possible to just buy the diagonal section? On my 9x50 the eye lens, un-screws leaving only the main OTA. I can hold an old Celestron correcting lens in place and it works, just to prove my point, so I would only need the  diagonal, if I were to change mine.

Not too sure what you mean there chap :)

you could buy the diagonal but you would need to buy a right angle correct image diagonal which would possibly be more expensive than a RACI finder plus you'd need to shorten the tube to gain focus and manufacture something to fit the diagonal into. not really worth it.

Not too sure what you mean there chap :)

..........On my Skyliner 200P Dob there is a 9x50 finder scope.  If I grab the thin eyepiece section, it unscrews from the white body of the finder. I can then see the internals of the finder scope. Now if I hand hold my old Celestron corrector lens in place, I can see images the right way up.

When I look at RACI finders, they look the same, as my finderscope barrel, only with a RACI eyepiece. What I`m hoping is that someone can yay or nay if its possible to just change the eyepiece end of the finder scope, instead of the whole finder scope.

EDIT* Just re-read thread #12, so maybe not a good idea in my case?

..........On my Skyliner 200P Dob there is a 9x50 finder scope.  If I grab the thin eyepiece section, it unscrews from the white body of the finder. I can then see the internals of the finder scope. Now if I hand hold my old Celestron corrector lens in place, I can see images the right way up.

When I look at RACI finders, they look the same, as my finderscope barrel, only with a RACI eyepiece. What I`m hoping is that someone can yay or nay if its possible to just change the eyepiece end of the finder scope, instead of the whole finder scope.

So changing just the eyepiece may solve the issue, Mmm I wonder, but methinks it is fixed in place, hopefully I am wrong though.

It is possible to unscrew the eyepiece end and replace with an amici prism (diagonal) and eyepiece - but it involves sourcing the right diameter and correct thread size - or tapping a new thread - or making and tapping threads onto a collar.

As Shane says it's much easier just to get a raci - the Skywatcher or Orion 9x50 will fit all Skywatcher standard shoes. :)

Archived