Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hello to all, this is my first color image using my STF-8300M and Baader LRGB filters. In addition, this is my first image processed in PixInsight. Please provide feedback on it; I don't mind constructive and respectful critique.

Astrobin:

get.jpg

post-7899-0-44534800-1388689043_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Well that's a good start. To control Alnitak in Pixinsight you'd need to make masks. Much easier to do it in Photoshop, in my opinion, using layers with different stretches. However you decided to do it, this would be a 'next step' for your image. Again, a good start. Nice.

By the way, you don't need to ask SGL memebers to be respectful. It is a part of this forum's culture to be respectful!  :grin:  :grin:

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
  • Like 1

Very nice image. Not as dominated in the red channel as many we see which is a nice change in my opinion.

Edited by symesie04
  • Like 1

Lovely image. I like the colour and detail.

Seriously amazing image. Which scope did you use here? All i would change is to recompose it to a landscape to get the amazing red veil in the scene more. Simply one of the best i have ever seen Bravo!

Nice image and the brown stuff is brown which is good.  You need to try the new masked stretch process in the latest version of PI then post a revision :-)  That should help with the stars.

That's a top image.

Improvements? - maybe reduce the overall green slightly?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarsG76
      Hello All,
      I'm going through some of my subs which I captured earlier this year, but did not have a chance to process. This is my "War and Peace" nebula RGB subs processed which I captured on 22 June 2020, after the nights of imaging this nebula in Narrowband.
      Imaged at f6.3, 1280mm focal length, through my 8" SCT, cooled and modded Canon 40D for about 4 hours exposure time.

CS,
      MG

• By Spacecake2
      Today at 3am (Australia) I woke up and I tried to observe the Orion nebula. It was pretty hard to image it since I don't have a camera adapter and a had 4 second exposures. But after 20 tries I finally got non-wobbly image. The camera could see more than my own eyes! 
      (I live in bortle 7) ☹️

• By Stargazer33
      Taken on the night of 12 September. 
      NGC6826 - The Blinking Nebula.
      This on Wiki:
      NGC6826 is a planetary nebula located in the constellation Cygnus. It is commonly referred to as the "blinking planetary", although many other nebulae exhibit such "blinking". When viewed through a small telescope, the brightness of the central star overwhelms the eye when viewed directly, obscuring the surrounding nebula. However, it can be viewed well using averted vision, which causes it to "blink" in and out of view as the observer's eye wanders. A distinctive feature of this nebula are the two bright patches on either side, which are known as Fast Low-Ionization Emission Regions, or FLIERS. They appear to be relatively young, moving outwards at supersonic speeds.
      Right ascension: 19 h 44 m 48.2 s
      Declination: +50° 31′ 30.3″
      Distance: ~2000 ly
      Apparent magnitude (V): 8.8
      Apparent dimensions (V): 27″ × 24″
      Constellation: Cygnus
      Radius: 0.22 x 0.20 ly
      Designations: HD 186924, SAO 31951, Caldwell 15

Equipment: 
      Imaging: C9.25; CGEM (diy hypertuned); ASI385MC; Baader neodymium filter; Astro Photography Tool
      Guiding: Travelscope 70; SSAG; PHD2
      Processing: DSS; Photoshop CS4 Extended 
      99 x 20" lights, of which 63 were stacked; 50 x darks; 50x bias; 50 x flats

Looks like I'm going to have to have another go at my collimation. Very happy with this even so, as it's the first serious imaging I've done for sooo long! A lot more data is required to bring out the detail in the nebula. 
      Comments/suggestions welcome.
    • By MarsG76
      I managed to get some time to process another of my images exposed in January/February 2020.
      This was the last image when my USB port on my Astro40D failed. This happened while imaging this scene but it happened toward the end of the imaging plan so I got almost the subs that I wanted. The total exposure time was 16 hours and 16 minutes in ISO1600 for all of the subs, RGB, (OSC through the UV/IR Cut filter), HAlpha and OIII.
      Imaged through my 8" SCT at f6.3, 1280mm FL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.