Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Northern Ireland

Beechiller

Hi all, recently moved to the country and my lovely wife got me a Skywatcher 1309eq2 for christmas. So far it has been cloudy skies and nothing to see :sad:. One question I have is that no mkotor came with the telescope should there have been one? By the way I have hundreds of questions to ask but I am brand new to looking at the stars and want to do a bit of reading before I ask some silly questions.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL, good to have you on board. Can't help with any questions as I just take pictures!!! Someone will be a long soon that will be able to help. Ask away with your questions, some one will always know what they are talking about, present company excluded :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi,

From one newbie to another, welcome.

With regard to your scope, I do believe it is an option to come with or without motor. Obviously the package with motor is more expensive than without. Not sure how much you paid.

Craig.

Hi,

From one newbie to another, welcome.

With regard to your scope, I do believe it is an option to come with or without motor. Obviously the package with motor is more expensive than without. Not sure how much you paid.

Craig.

Cheers Craig will have to nab her for going for the cheaper option! Can I buy the motor seperate?

Hi, not too sure if you can buy seperate. Don't see why not though, but I've only had mine for 1 week and haven't yet wanted to look at motorisation (mine too is the BK 1309EQ2). Seems like I'm enjoying the hunt as much as the find.

Craig.

A quick update. Stuck my head out the door and saw Jupiter shining brightly. Put in my 25mm lens rushed outdoors lined up my slighter tried to focus lens but nothing??? It clouded over so I went back indoors to discover I hadn't removed the telescope dust cap! Inthe words of Del Boy "plonker". On a positive note I lined up pretty well with some lights about 2 miles away.

Archived