Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar imaging showcase 2013

MartinB

Please use this thread to showcase your best images captured during 2013. Just one post per member but you can include up to 5 images if you want.

The thread is for all imagers novices and advanced. 

Please keep details to a minimum - scope and camera possibly along with a few comments.

The thread needs to be packed with images so please don't respond to the postings 

Here's a few from 2013, (my first year with my first equipment). 

I've really enjoyed imaging the moon.  Unlike certain other forms of astrophotography, you get a fantastic view of the subject during the process!

These are all mosaics and all taken with a 0.3MP point grey firefly mono and my Skywatcher 200p on a heq5 mount.  

Haven't updated my flickr with lots of newer ones but these are my favourites anyhow. 

First my image of the (almost) full moon from September. 

9838742746_4d86d5a830_b.jpg
Second a closeup of the crater Langrenus, taken with the stock 2x barlow and an IR 742 filter. 

8768436833_2b67463b37_c.jpg
Langrenus by Daniel Robb, on Flickr
Mosaic of the whole crescent moon from the session above. 
Finally a crop of the central portion of the waxing crescent. From the same session as above but processed differently  :smiley:

8494480505_7db44e8536_b.jpg
I've got the ASI120MM on the way. With twice the resolution of the firefly, I'm really excited about more lunar imaging this year :grin: !

Dan 

Have to admit I've only just started getting a buzz for lunar images but here are my favourites from this year.

First, two exposures of the moon combined to show the sunlit side along with the dark side, gently illuminated by 'Earthshine'.

9211307680_55b4a6aceb_b.jpg
The Dark Side of the Moon by kyokugaisha1, on Flickr

Next, Theolphilus, Cyrillus, Catharina, Piccolomini and the Altai Scarp with a striking shadow.

11496036445_8f0770eddd_b.jpg
Theolphilus, Cyrillus, Catharina, Piccolomini and the Altai Scarp by kyokugaisha1, on Flickr

Finally, a view of Aristoteles, Eudoxus and the Montes Caucasus.

11496117463_d5b442736f_b.jpg
Aristoteles, Eudoxus and the Montes Caucasus by kyokugaisha1, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Some amazing photos already on here  :icon_salut:  

The skill levels of people on this site is frightening! I really like Marc's idea of combining exposures of the sunlit and dark side.

Anyway, here's my best / clearest moon shot from last year.

post-31280-0-06881700-1390055793_thumb.j

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived