Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Uranium235

Diet M45 - With colour

While its been raining constantly, and with nothing to do - I thought I would dig up the colour data I took last year with the 1000d, then add it to the snap I took with the 130pds back in November. The stars arent exactly 100% perfect in the corners, but processing it was nice - hardly any need for NR with that much signal.

I've also put the principal stars on a bit of a new year diet with a layer mask, looks quite different, very tight. Maybe not to everyones taste, but it  will have to do until I can get out there and continue the 80ED version in Lab colour.

L 15x450 (Atik 383L+)  130pds

RGB 24x600 (1000d) 80ED

11695810995_10115937dc_b.jpg

Edited by Uranium235
  • Like 4

Thanks guys! 

I think the sky is just taunting me at the moment, very clear and very blue. No doubt as soon as it gets dark it will cloud over :(

At least todays calmer weather has given me a chance to get out to the garden and repair some of the damage the recent storms have brought us...wow, what a mess that was. Two broken fence posts (almost bringing half the fence down with it), and a smashed trellace. Nothing a bag of postcrete, two concrete suprs and a bag of nails and screws cant fix :)

Edited by Uranium235

Lovely control of the stars. An excellent diet! (Sore subject for me after Christmas... :mad: )

The Sisters in a reflector do test one's taste for diffraction spikes but this is very nicely done. Really super star colour, too, with the red stars coming through superbly.

Clean, crisp, a delight!

Olly

Cheers Olly, Its a technique ive been using with the refractor recently (just concentrating on star size) - but thought I would try it on a 130pds image to see if it had the same effect. I could expand the star selection by not clipping the mask so much (and then going in with the eraser), that will avoid the situation where you have stars that are usually small being larger than the star you have just reduced (which feels a bit odd to me).

But while the little 5" newt is good for quick and dirty, its still a way off perfect for my taste - where I want round stars in every corner of a big chip (maybe too much to ask from it?). Which only seems to happen on odd occasions. For now ive put it back in to testing, and ive found a way of star testing without interrupting any imaging by mounting it on the dua bar with the 80ED. Its not pointing at anything in particular, Im just going to make adjustments - then take a bunch of random images with the 1000d (something lightweight) to see if the field improves.