Celestron Power Seeker eq114

Strange that some posts keep getting overlooked.

The scope is reasonably basic, but it is sort of honest, in that it is a focal length of what it says and not apparently the bird-jones design. The mirror will be spherical, it is f/7.9.

2 eyepieces and one is 4mm which I suspect will be of no real use, would give 225x and the scope will not really perform that well.

A 7mm or 8mm would have been useful.

One of those things, it's a scope and it will show more then a pair of eye will.

You should get 100x and 120x out of it, so Saturn and the rings, and I suggest you accept that. If it gave more then don't complain. I see it say max of 269x, halve it and that is a better estimate.

From what I have said it means looking at getting at least one new eyepiece, factor that in.

The mount doesn't inspire but it is a basic equitorial and will hold the scope. Appears there is no option to add motors, so EQ1 ?

Depends what you want and when, have you a scope?

Realistically better would be the 130P on EQ3-2.

Will have to be you who decides which way to go.

http://www.telescopes.com/telescopes/reflecting-telescopes/celestronpowerseeker114eqtelescope.cfm

worth reading the reviews on here, my opinion is dont get it. As per ronin if your looking for a starter, either a 130 on eq3.2 or maybe a F8 - F10 80-90mm frac on an altaz 3 mount

I have or have had models as per above and both would be gfeat starters.

..........I paid similar for my Celestron 127EQ, but I also received £40 worth of decent up-to-date books too. So for me was a bargain. It taught me about EQ mounts and basically fired my interest into buying the 8" reflector  within a few Days of use? My 127EQ  is of the Bird-Jones Barlow corrected version. The resulting images are too small and lacked clarity. Slightly brighter with  a BST ocular. If you were nearer or in passing, you can have mine, I said have, that's free?

That's a very basic telescope you have there, refractors which is a power seeker, specialize in planets, solar viewing, moons and more solar system objects, deep sky viewing is also possible but it does not show good views.

To view deep sky you need a good sized reflector or a nice dob.

5" reflector should be good for deep sky, and over time you can upgrade to a 10" dob, your choice :)

I hope you have fun viewing our solar system if you get it :D

........Over here their reflectors, have another look?

Archived