Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Complete Newbie

Gazetilludrop

Hi All,

I've just joined as a member and thought I had better say Hi and introduce myself.  :smiley:  I live in Leyland in Lancashire, (so far so good without too much light pollution on the outskirts, Shame about the weather though!) I have always been interested and in awe of the night sky and regularly catch myself peering at the stars, so now I've decided to take the plunge and look deeper into sky watching and star gazing. As a complete newbie this is somewhat daunting with all the questions and different equipment items there are on the market hence why I have joined for your expert advice!!!  :p 

As a bit of a tinker toy to try without damaging the purse, I bought a Celestron Travel Scope 70 to play about with which came with a x3 Barlow, 4mm, 10mm and 20mm eyepieces, unfortunately since we have had very limited clear skys!!!  :sad: BUT the fiddling I  have done so far is starting to brew a bit of a bug and will no doubt lead to an upgrade of scope in the not too distant future!

Hope to chat to you all soon. :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gazetilludrop, a very warm welcome to the lounge and this great hobby,If you haven't found it already try the free planetarium download Stellarium  http://www.stellarium.org/en_GB/  to help you learn your way around the skies, and ask those questions, the lounge is just full of very friendly types ready and willing to help.

Archived