Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

faulksy

feathertouch focuser/ uk duty charges

hi guys im thinking of buying the new feathertouch focuser from the states, its the new sipps one. anyway got some prices 860$ or £524 what will i get stung for and how much, i have priced up some more quality focusers and then added a parcorr and they are a lot more expensive than this system, any help would be great, thanks peeps

I think the general advice when importing from the USA is to assume you will pay around 25% on top of the purchase price in duty and handling costs. You may get away with less but it's best to assume not for the purposes of price comparison I reckon.

I don't know where you stand if there is any fault with the item although the Feathertouch stuff is very high quality.

I think the general advice when importing from the USA is to assume you will pay around 25% on top of the purchase price in duty and handling costs. You may get away with less but it's best to assume not for the purposes of price comparison I reckon.

I don't know where you stand if there is any fault with the item although the Feathertouch stuff is very high quality.

hi john, just done a online import duty calculator and it works out at £698 wurst possible instead of £524 i might re consider that then :eek:

Fantastic bit of kit...when buying quality you only cry once...if you can afford it then get one the baaders are top kit also

• Like 2

Also bear in mind Royal Mail will charge you around £20 for taking your customs fee off you, do you know anyone planning on visiting the states who could bring you one back in?

Import one through Ireland ... No duty!

Duty is only a small part of it. The VAT payable on importing goods into the EU is the biggest cost. For Ireland the VAT rate is 23%, so the saving is minimal.

Let me know how much this ends up costing as I'm looking for one when I finish my 22" as my moonlite is going with my 16" when I sell it and I will sell my type 2 paracorr

10% import duty, then 20% VAT on the total including the delivery cost and import duty. Last little sting parcel force will charge a fee for customs clearance! Never sure what the rate is for this it seems to vary but probably around £20 for this item.

You could always ask FLO to get one for you since they get deliveries from Starlight instruments who make the feathertouch.

Linton

Edited by lguise

Oops! Only just seen this thread :rolleyes:

At least you remembered I had one and PM'd me :D

If you specify Ups delivery you won't get stung with parcelforce as UPS will deliver to your door :)

presumably true but surely the cost of shipping via UPS would be more than £20 extra? 

Clearly money is no hurdle to young Mike :grin:

• Like 2

fair enough - me too actually.

• Like 1