Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

feathertouch focuser/ uk duty charges

faulksy

hi guys im thinking of buying the new feathertouch focuser from the states, its the new sipps one. anyway got some prices 860$ or £524 what will i get stung for and how much, i have priced up some more quality focusers and then added a parcorr and they are a lot more expensive than this system, any help would be great, thanks peeps

I think the general advice when importing from the USA is to assume you will pay around 25% on top of the purchase price in duty and handling costs. You may get away with less but it's best to assume not for the purposes of price comparison I reckon.

I don't know where you stand if there is any fault with the item although the Feathertouch stuff is very high quality.

I think the general advice when importing from the USA is to assume you will pay around 25% on top of the purchase price in duty and handling costs. You may get away with less but it's best to assume not for the purposes of price comparison I reckon.

I don't know where you stand if there is any fault with the item although the Feathertouch stuff is very high quality.

hi john, just done a online import duty calculator and it works out at £698 wurst possible instead of £524 i might re consider that then :eek:

10% import duty, then 20% VAT on the total including the delivery cost and import duty. Last little sting parcel force will charge a fee for customs clearance! Never sure what the rate is for this it seems to vary but probably around £20 for this item.

You could always ask FLO to get one for you since they get deliveries from Starlight instruments who make the feathertouch.

Linton

Archived