Wide field EP for Meade LX90

Joguj

So, after having problems with the motor drives / software on my LS8 and no replacements in the UK I've now got the LX90. Same ACF 8" OTA as the LS but obviously not as automated. Some things I prefer on the LS but there are several design points that I prefer on the LX. The mount is far better and I can add an Eq wedge as well in future. I preferred the auto setup and autostar 2 of the LS but can manage without it. Telescope House were extremely helpful during the faults/exchange I would like to point put.

The Meade 26mm is not very impressive however (in fact its quite a disappointment). I had very good views last night with my Revelation 32mm but I will be needing a couple of eyepieces in 2014 for sure and I'm looking for advice for this type of scope.

I have the revelation plossls but to be honest they don't seem to be happy in this OTA, at least not for my eyes. I want a couple of wide field EPs, I think around the 20mm and 8-10mm are what I'm looking for. Not sure if my Meade zero shift focusser will allow for 2" EPs but I definately want to keep that.

In a few months time I'm maybe ready to pay up to £200 for each EP so what are the best for a Cat type scope, 8", fl 2000mm, f/10?

I know EP questions seem endless but I'd like to hear from anyone with a similar OTA type that has tried different eyepieces.

Happy New Year.

My C8 has about the same spec as your LX90.

If you want to use only 1.25" EPs, the Max Vision 24mm 68 deg gives you max FOV, and has very good performance for its price.

http://www.explorescientific.de/maxvision-m-354.html

You may need to pay twice the money for a used Panoptic 24mm for small improvement.

8mm EP will have much limited use in backyard, maybe tight doubles, Saturn and Mars, maybe the Moon when seeing is good.

My most used EPs in C8 are 10mm to 20mm at home, besides the 2" 31mm aspheric, which works as finder EP and for wider field of view, 40mm Aero when the extra field of view needed.

Archived