SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Apt and mirror lockup

piprees

Hi,

just wondering if anybody uses the Apt programme that came with Sky at night magazine some time ago. I can't seem to get the mirror lock up to work with a fairly typical 20x2 minute exposure plan or any sort of plan come to that. Does anybody know how it works. I've got it "enabled" on the camera, (canon 40D), and the actual exposures work just fine. Maybe mirror lockup isn't so important with exposures of 2 minutes or more.

Any help or advise is more than welcome.

Many thanks.

P

Are you using the latest version? I use a 2 second delay in the anti-vibration settings with mirror lockup enabled on the camera and thats all there is too it. It does say there in small lettering may require a serial cable or a dsusb cable depending on the model of camera used. Not sure about your model. I am using a 5Dmkiii. You might want to ask Ivo the programmer over at the APT yahoo group.

Archived