Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Feeling very proud

JKB

Today is the 2nd Christmas for my children, first with their mum then today with me. 4 children and lots of presents except one for my 10yr old eldest girl. Should have been delivered on the 24th but Citylink didn't play ball. I explained that she would be getting a lovely present and it was delayed, thankfully the parcel arrived at 10am.

Her first scope. a Celestron 76mm Dob. She was very very happy. Now it became complicated as we had to wait for dark skies and more importantly no cloud but it has happened! After all the horrendous weather we have had lately it was clear. First light for her and she was blown away. Venus, Jupiter, M42 and M45 plus random stargazing. I have never felt so happy  :smiley:

I have to admit that scope actually surprised me too! Less than £50 and it really does work. Views were really good, small yes but really good and so easy to use (I don't like Dob's BTW!)

I am such a happy father. Wish I had bought the other 3 something as quiet rather than the cacophony of musical instruments or mechanical whirring machines they had!

Cheers

Jamie

Archived