Astrotrac first light

frugal

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just stopped tracking. I was terrified that it had broken ;) I unplugged it and plugged it back in again, and the motor whirred for about a second before stopping again. With fresh batteries it carried on from where it had left off quite happily.

• 5 weeks later...

Seriously thinking of getting an Astrotrac , do you guys use the AA battery pack ? how long does it last ?

Dave

I've just got an Astrotrac last weekend and use a 3cell 5000mAh Lipo, which should be good for over 12hours before needing a charge.

So happy with mine, just brought a Wlliams Optics ZS71, which turned up yesterday.. So just waiting on a clear night!

This image was taken last sat night just after getting my Astrotrac and using a 210mm slow f6.3 lens, about 60 x 30 sec subs, with 10 flats and 10 bias. Stacked in DSS, slightly out of focus.. cropped, but 1st attempt with Astrotrac.post-27050-0-20919300-1391252687_thumb.j

Nice one Frugal. I'm investigating/considering the Astrotrac. Looks like a brilliant bit of kit. I love the simplicity and portability - and the results I've seen are really impressive. Please keep us posted on how you get on.

I've just got an Astrotrac last weekend and use a 3cell 5000mAh Lipo, which should be good for over 12hours before needing a charge

No need to tell us where you borrowed that LiPo from :grin: 

I've got a couple spare, so will have to do the same.

Tim

(a fellow quad/fpv flier)

No need to tell us where you borrowed that LiPo from :grin: 

I've got a couple spare, so will have to do the same.

Tim

(a fellow quad/fpv flier)

:) they work really well for this!

David

(Yep, FPV/quads too and see you can't be too far!)

Archived