Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Beginner in essex

Rdl81

Hi there

I am looking to get into astronomy either observing or photographic I am not sure which I am trying to do as much reading as I can but

I think it would be good to go to a club or stargazing event and have a go is there anything up and coming over the next month or so?

Regards

RDL

You've come to the right place :)

Look out for the north essex society NEAS, they are based around Braintree/Colchester area and run a monthly stargazing event at great notley park. Best advice is to attend something like that where you can get you hands on a variety of scopes and get some advice before you commit.

Hi RDL.  There are other clubs nearer to you than mine for regular visits, but if you are free on Sat March 8th, we have a public event at Hadleigh.

Details here http://www.cpac.org.uk/opennight.asp

Please check the weather to save a wasted journey, and don't go to Hadleigh Castle, we are at the other end of the country park, details on the link.

Post # 7 - NEAS the best ?   I thinks that means telescopes at dawn, 10 paces apart  :grin:

Cheers, Ed.

Archived